Got an Idea?

If you have a question you want answered, or an idea for my next blog, leave a comment. Even if I don't use you're idea for the next entry, I'll send a comment back to you with a short answer, and a list of reliable informational sites for you to check out.

If you see a term you don't know much about, or have a question about American government, policy, politics, or history, visit my informational blog, AmeriKad: What??. Leave a comment with your question; I might even use it for my next blog!

Enjoy!

Kaydee

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Since when do we follow Russia?

Not sure what an American Czar is? Head over to AmeriKad: What?? and find out.
I don't know about you, but America has never (and should never) follow in the steps of Russia. What is this we're hearing about American Czars??? The very idea that Obama can create a position with so much control, power, and leverage, that answers to no one but him is ridiculous. And scary.
America doesn't need more government influence. The government didn't do much to prevent this economic slump from happening, and hasn't done much to make it better. What we need is a grassroots movement created by the people to help bolster the local economy. Economic recovery isn't going to come from the federal government, it's going to come from local movements, local governments. The federal government needs to take a step back and let the people who know best take over.
America has never had, and never will have a "ruler" or a "czar" for anything. Czar implies tyrant, ruler, monarch. We don't need a monarch. We don't need someone to tell us that the economy sucks. We don't need someone to force us to buy veggies, and punish us for buying junk food by raising the taxes on chips and candy. We don't need a czar who forces Detroit to produce more green cars, which results in the company failing because no one wants to spend the extra 6 grand for a smaller car.
What we need the federal government to do, is support local governments in their recovery efforts, and stop treating us like mindless consumers. And for once, tell the truth, don't skirt around the issue with fancy talk and large words. I can beef up my vocabulary just as easily, but it still means the same thing, and in the case of the Obama administration, all that's coming out of their mouths is baby talk. Let's get some real answers and real solutions.
What's your opinion? I'd love to hear from you!
-Kaydee

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a patriot, and a moderate conservative. But my political views pale next to my fierce loyalty to my country. If you love your country, you'll love my blog.